Monday, November 12, 2007

Commitments to Live By and Be Thankful in This Moment

· I reflect on what peace means to me and am Thankful.
· I practice nonviolence and respect for Mother Earth by making good use of her resources.
· I take time to admire and appreciate nature.
· I plant seeds, plants or constructive ideas through my picture of what I see before me as prosperity and am Thankful.
· I hold a vision of prosperity for all the world's hungry and send them love as guidance as to how alleviate the hunger.
· I co-exist with every human being's fundamental right to justice, equity, and equality.
· I appreciate the earth's bounty and all of those who work to make my prosperity available and am Thankful.
· I relax into understanding and respect for another's culture.
· I oppose injustice, attitudes and wrong actions that violate me and others.
· I choose to be aware of what I talk about and I will refuse to gossip.
· I live in the present moment and release the past, actions and wrong doings.
· I speak with kindness, respect, and patience to every person that I talk with.
· I affirm my value and refuse to put myself down I will Love myself.
· I tell the truth and speak honestly from the heart.
· I cause a ripple effect of good by an act of kindness toward another.
· I choose to volunteer my talents to serve others and charge only a portion of my time.
· I say a Intercessory Blessing for greater understanding whenever I see evidence of crime, vandalism or graffiti.
· I do not add to the picture what is negative.
·I will turn off anything that portrays or supports violence whether on television, in the movies, or on the Internet that might influence my picture.
· I greet this day-everyone and everything-with openness and acceptance as if I was encountering them for the first time.
· I drive with tolerance, patience and awareness.
· I admit to my anger, frustration or jealousy and channel into healthy activities that remove the virus.
· I talk less and listen without defending and speak without judgment.
· I notice the peacefulness in the world around me.
· I take time to tell a family member or friend how much they or what they said or did means to me.
· I send a kind, anonymous message by proper medium or transport to someone.
· I strive to learn from my errors.
· I tell every person they are special and important to me in a particular way.
· I look at children as loving in a particular thought, word or action.
· I help someone in trouble.
· I listen with an open heart to all people.
· I put up shields as I leave home to thwart a situation when confronted with conflict.
· I express my feeling honestly and nonviolently with respect for myself and others.
· I sit down with my family for one meal.
· I pause for reflection.
· I hold no one hostage to the past, seeing each-as I see myself-as a work in process.
· I make a conscious effort to smile at someone whom I have held a grudge against in the past.
· I practice compassion and forgiveness by apologizing to someone whom I have hurt in the past.
· I reflect on whom I need to forgive and take at least one step in that direction.
· I embrace the spiritual belief of my heart in my own personal and reflective way.
· I cultivate my moral strength and courage through education and creative nonviolent action.
· I practice compassion and forgiveness for myself and others.
· I use my talents to serve others as well as myself.
· I use my service to humanity in dedicating myself to a vision greater than myself.

No comments: